I had to improvise Turkey for the dinner this year. I looked for and found this recipe https://www.midcenturymenu.com/recipe/frozen-jellied-turkey-vegetable-salad/ Then I found the ingredients listed, and without the vegetables list I prepared it this way to accommodate the lack of bottom teeth from a 4 days ago extraction.
- Two packets of unflavored gelatin in 1/2 cup of water
- In a large kettle combine the 2 cans of cream of celery soup and the gelatin, stir that until the gelatin is all dissolved.
- 4 cups of turkey meat in the food processor, chop until no lumps of turkey, and add to the kettle with one cup of salad dressing (do not use mayonnaise) and stir until it’s all blended together.
- With the 2 8-inch pans lined with Reynolds with enough to wrap the ingredients, pour the mixture into the two pans, and put into the freezer.
- I didn’t time how long the defrost took, best guess 5 hours or so, the result is jelly like, slice into portions and enjoy.